Thursday, 26 June 2014

Off to the British Library...



















As I type this, 6 copies of 'The Birds at the Bottom of the Garden' are winging their way around the country on their journeys to the Legal Deposit Libraries of Great Britain (and Dublin too!).

As is required of all published works, by law, I have sent a copy of my book to each of the following libraries where they will be kept as a permanent record.

- The British Library
- The Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford
- The Cambridge University Library
- The National Library of Scotland
- The Library of Trinity College, Dublin
- The National Library of Wales

I wonder if, after they've been catalogued and stored, these copies will ever be opened again.

Perhaps I'll make a trip to the British Library one day in my retirement and see if it's still there.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment